-

-

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Winter Formal 2014!

Hi guys!

So on 25th January, my school had a dance that was open to all grades called Winter Formal. As the name suggests, you dress formally. It was held at Three on the Bund, New Heights which is like a downtown area. When I went in there, I realized that I've actually went there for dinner with my family before but of course they took all the chairs and tables away. The place is really nice and classy and you can get a view of the Huangpu River and all the tall towers!

I went there to take photos for the senior student council because they needed people to take photos at the photo booth. So I actually went for free. The original ticket price was 300RMB which is kinda expensive. I feel like 200RMB is okay but it's not worth 300RMB. The food wasn't that good and they came in really tiny portions. However, the soda drinks were pretty good.

Here's some shots I took of the venue:

So after a short time, I started setting up with my Photo Club president, Jocelyn. You know, all the fancy, professional equipment.

Dem test shots.


#foreverweird.

When people started coming in and when the event officially started, so many people wanted to take photos. I took the first shift, from around 8 to 9.30pm. Jocelyn would take the next and some STUCO members would take the last. I don’t know why but towards the end, the photos start getting darker and yellow and a little blurry…

Anyway, I think my photo skills were pretty decent. You know it’s really stressful when there are so many people lining up to take photos? And then there are those huge groups of people who will take group photos, and some individuals in the group will take a photo with every other individual in the group. And then there are those people who are constantly out of the picture/blocked and I need to tell them to go to wherever they need to go to.

After I finished my shift, I was SO TIRED. You know it’s really hard for me because I’m so damn tall and I need to keep bending down to take the photos? Plus, I wasn’t wearing like super high heels. Also, when I bend down, I have to seriously suck in my damn tummy or else my damn fats will show. Won't want the fats to show.

These are some candid shots I took with people/of me.



I don't know why my eyes look so small but oh well.

With the basketball team mates who came! Julia, Andrea, Shannon, Peyton, and Michelle (Left to Right).

Here's our mandatory basketball shot. #glamorous #basketballersinheels #westillcanrunandjump 

And this is Jocelyn!

When Jocelyn took over, I could then go around and be wild and dance. However, NONE of my group of friends came. Like none. So that was kinda sad. I understand though, the ticket is expensive. If I had to pay, I probably won’t go too, and I may only go when I’m a junior/senior.


I was hanging out with Sandra and Rachel for some time. And then I was with Michelle and Shannon. I really wanted to make new friends and talk to people I don’t really talk to but they were all in their own group of friends so basically I have no idea how to approach them. Do you feel me? Like I’m actually really sociable and I try to get to know more people but sometimes the situation just does not let me do so. 

My mom wanted me back by 11:30 so I had to leave at 11. 

I guess it was a pretty good night and all the dudes looked so good in tuxs so that was awesome. I also really got to talk to Shannon and Michelle. Some freshmen are kinda nice I guess. I guess not all freshmen are annoying. (:

To end off, I'll be telling you what I was wearing! *I did posts on some of the things I was wearing and I will link it here.

*Sparkly Dress: New Look.
Leggings.
*Victoria's Secret Boots.
China Glaze Midnight Mission nail polish.
*Innisfree Lipstick.
Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation.
*Make Up Forever Full Cover Concealer.
*Benefit Coralista Blush.
Maybelline hyper glossy liquid liner.
Heroine Make Kiss Me mascara.
Brown eyeshadows.
Brow pencil.

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment