-

-

Monday, June 2, 2014

Review: SANA Nameraka Honpo Soy Milk Isoflavone Moisturizing Milky Lotion Emulsion and Moisturizing Lotion Toner

Hi guys!

I know I've been rather inactive and that's because my finals are coming up. So, this is going to be a really quick review for the SANA Nameraka Honpo Soy Milk Isoflavone Moisturizing Milky Lotion Emulsion and the SANA Nameraka Honpo Soy Milk Isoflavone Moisturizing Lotion Toner. Let's jump right in.

The lotion emulsion is basically a face moisturizer while the lotion toner is just a toner. I have used these two products for some time and I know that I'm already liking them a lot. I started using the toner a few days ago so that explains why there is less left in the moisturizer bottle. 



Firstly, the packaging is simple and nice. It's made out of plastic so I don't have to worry about dropping it on the ground or anything. Also, it is very easy to control the amount of product you want squeezed out of the bottle. At first glance, the opening may seem a little big but the product does not just spill out without control. I do wish that the packaging came in different colors because it is slightly difficult to tell which is which from afar. My mom didn't even realize that she bought the toner, thinking that it was the lotion that she picked up, so this shows that it can be confusing at times. Furthermore, I wished that it had the name of the product on the bottle (in English)! I actually had to google up the full name of these two products for you guys. 




The one on the left is the moisturizer and the one on the right is the toner.


I really, really like the moisturizing lotion emulsion. I think it aims to brighten your skin but that's not exactly what I am aiming for. I just need a good moisturizer that hydrates my skin without making it feel greasy, and this does the job nicely! I find it a little gross when moisturizers leave my face really sticky and greasy. I don't mind using moisturizers that do that when I go to bed at night but in the daytime when I apply my moisturizer before putting on my makeup, I just can't stand it. This SANA moisturizing milky lotion really does not give me that sticky feeling partly because of the thin consistency. 

It is very "watery" but I like this texture because I don't need a lot every time I put this on my face and it can be spread out to cover a large area easily. This also feels very light and it's a great summer moisturizer. I have not tried this during winter but my guess is that I would need to layer more of this so that it will keep my awfully dry skin hydrated. This is also unscented and since it has soy ingredients in this, it will be really mild on the skin. I did not get any major breakouts from this, which is always a good thing. 

Overall, I definitely recommend this product. This could be my new favorite moisturizer for some time. I got this in Japan and I don't think it's very expensive, so it's definitely worth a shot. 



As for the toner, I have not used much of it but I think that it is also aimed to brighten your skin. Again, I did not buy this seeking to brighten my skin. Honestly, I bought this because it seemed like it was highly raved on Youtube and I just wanted to give it a try. So far, I like this simply because there is no weird "smell" to it. My mom told me to use her SKII toner and I didn't really like it because there was always this weird smell to it. I'm not sure if it's just me or if that product really had a smell. Anyway, this is probably one of the first toners I have ever used in my life and I look forward to seeing if there will be any improvements to my skin, especially since I have some acne problems. Basically, a toner helps to restore your pH balance because sometimes after you use a facial cleanser, it can upset the pH balance, which isn't too good for your skin. I guess this is a new add to my skincare routine!

Also, I realized that this toner does not sting my face in any way when I have heard that some others do. This is probably alcohol free because it doesn't sting and it really just feels like water. The way I use this is: I hold the toner in my left hand over my face and just squeeze a drop or two from the bottle and dab it over an area of my face. Like I said before, the toner won't just flood out of the bottle even when it's held facing downwards.


I hope that this review is helpful in some way! If you are interested in my Japan haul post that has other Japanese products you can click here

Thank you for reading :)

3 comments:

  1. hi Jenny. Thanks for this info. I just read your blog and I'm really glad to know a little about the product coz as what you said the bottle are almost the same and it's really difficult to distinguish which is which especially there is no English label.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Jenny. Thanks for this info. I just read your blog and I'm really glad to know a little about the product coz as what you said the bottle are almost the same and it's really difficult to distinguish which is which especially there is no English label.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rena!

      I am so glad you found this helpful. Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete