-

-

Monday, April 7, 2014

Japan Beauty Haul Spring 2014 :)

Hi guys!

So my mom just came back not long ago from Japan and well... She helped me get some beauty products. I still have to say that most of these things are for my mom, and I know it looks like I have a lot of stuff here, but I actually do not have that much. I did not do reviews for any of these because I didn't have time to try most of them out yet but I will when I get to use them.

I personally think that Japanese beauty products are really good and some of the drugstore products there are rather inexpensive too. It definitely is harder trying to get to know some of these products  and what they do because they are packaged in Japanese and many of us can't read Japanese. But overall, I think some of these products are worth a shot at. I have to admit that I know much more about US products which is surprising because I don't live in the US and I'm Asian and I should know more about more Asian products. Sometimes, some beauty products do suit different ethnicities better and I just feel like it is useful to get to know more products from Asian brands.


I will start with my mom's hauls first.

I actually recommended her to get this Bioré UV Aqua Rich Watery Essence Sunscreen with SPF50+. My mom is a sunscreen junkie. I think she never leaves the house without sunscreen. I don't really have a good understanding of this product, but I just heard that it's good and it does not leave the white residue many sunscreen does. I will write a review on this when I get to try it out.



I am so sorry but I have absolutely no idea what this product is. I'll just put it here though. If I'm not wrong, I think this brand is Hada Labo and I'm guessing that this is a moisturizer because I do read Chinese and it says "高保湿" which basically means high moisture.


This is a White Beau Essence. I think this may be from Japan Gals? I saw a similar product from this brand but it's not the same. I'm sorry for being so clueless for some of these products. I think some of the things my mom got are more suitable for her age and I've never encountered such a bottle in my life before. 




The next product my mom got is the Shiseido Perfect Whip Cleansing Foam. I've actually used this a couple of times before when my mom brought it to use on a vacation. My first impression was that it was really soft and felt super nice on the skin and I think it was also super foamy. I don't remember it having a scent so if you like unscented facial washes this is for you. Apparently, my mom got like 3 of these (she was clearing stocking up) and well... I think this shows that she likes this a lot. I think I may do a review on this too!




This is the Aquamoist Hyaluronic Acid Essence. I have used this before and I think I used this as a moisturizer but my mom once told me that this is a serum. I can see how it is a serum instead of a moisturizer because when I put it on my skin, it gave that "stinging feeling" and it does not feel like a moisturizer as well. I googled it and Hyaluronic acid actually helps "to reduce the appearance of lines and wrinkles".



Alright I'm going to move on to my hauls now :D

I got the SANA Nameraka Honpo Soy Milk Isoflavone Moisturizing Milky Lotion Emulsion. This is basically a moisturizer. I'm really looking forward to using this because I have dry skin and I have to use moisturizers, and also because this is a really popular product in Japan.



Another product I got from SANA is the SANA Nameraka Honpo Soy Milk Isoflavone Moisturizing Lotion Toner. The packaging is really similar to the milky lotion emulsion, which makes it slightly harder to differentiate the products. I don't really use toners but I want to start trying them out and I feel that this brand would be nice to start with.



The one on the left is the toner while the one on the right is the moisturizer.

I finally got a Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler! I know a lot of Youtubers rave about this and I really want to try it out for myself and see how well and how different my lashes look when I use this. I will probably do a review on this too since it is a really popular product.




I can finally read.

I also got 2 Kate Eyebrow Pencils. One is in BR-3 and the other is in BR-4. I've actually wore the BR-4 already to the Bruno Mars concert. My first impression of this is that when I was trying out the colors by drawing them on my hand, the brow pencil was actually rather hard and it didn't go on easily... However, when I drew on my brows, it turned out fine and the pigmentation was really good. I want to use it more often so that I can give a more comprehensive review soon. 




Anyone else likes to twist the product all the way to the end to see how much product there is? Yup.

Another really popular product is the DHC Cleansing Oil and this is for removing makeup. I was actually rather stunned that this was a really small bottle. I think I was misled by a photo I once saw and I didn't know that the actual size was only 70mL. SO I'm telling you this right now! What I like about this is that the packaging will not allow the product to spill so easily.




I got another one of my all-time favorite mascaras, the Heroine Make Kiss Me Mascara. This mascara is the bomb. It is waterproof (although the packaging does not say so, or maybe it's because I can't read) it does not clump, volume can be built up easily and it is everything you want in a mascara. I can't believe that I have not done a review on this and I should probably get to doing one. 



Believe it or not, these are my first pairs of false lashes. I've never tried false lashes before because I once thought that it will look "fake" and too dramatic, and partly because I was rather new at makeup and I wanted to keep things simple. But now I think that I should switch things up a little since I'm getting more into makeup and I have seen people looking really fabulous wearing false lashes and hey I want to be fabulous too (although I'm pretty fabulous already. Ok jk).

This is from RiPi and this is more of a natural look.



I also got falsies from Diamond Lash and this ones are really dramatic. I'm actually really excited to try these out.


By the way, my mom likes this drugstore called Amano. She says that the products from this store are cheaper than another one she went to and there is also a huge selection of products available.


Falsies don't just magically go on, you have to have lash glue. I just got this lash glue from Dolly Wink because it's pink in color and the packaging is really cute :> I've also heard that Dolly Wink has amazing false lashes as well and I will definitely check them out when I go to Japan next time.



Alright that's all for now! 

Like I said, I will write reviews for a couple of these products when I get to use them more often. Thank you for reading and see you soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment