-

-

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Review: Empties (Spring 2014)

Hi guys!

Here's another series of products that I have used up over spring so I'm going to jump right in.

Firstly, I have finished burning a Leaves candle from Bath and Body Works. I decided to try this because it is so highly raved on Youtube. Leaves is a really suitable scent for fall. I must say that this isn't really for me because I tend to favor the gourmet scents more. By the way, BBW candles are REALLY strong. This candle was slightly overwhelming when I put it on the desk right beside me so I really recommend burning BBW candles in a distance. Also, I'm not sure why the candle glass has turned a little ashy. Is it supposed to be that way?


I have also finished using up the Mango Shower Gel from The Body Shop. I'm not a great fan of mango scents so I don't really have anything that great to say about this.



This is the Eggpore Blackhead Out Oil Gel from Tony Moly. I have actually finished using two of these. To me, it's just a normal cleanser. I would still use another facial wash after using the blackhead out oil gel because I feel like it tends to leave my face a little sticky and I always like my face to be sparkly clean. This claims to remove blackheads but I don't think it works that well after using up two of these. It does have tiny beads in the gel which I suppose helps to remove the blackheads. Blackheads are not easy to remove and if a facial wash could do that so easily, everyone would not have blackheads anymore. Nevertheless, I'm glad I tried this out since a lot of Korean girls talk about this but I guess it didn't really work for me.


I'm not a great fan of the packaging too because the product is only on the bottom half of the container. I knew this before I bought this but it may be misleading to others. I just don't like packaging that takes up more space than it actually needs.




I have finished using up another Skinfood Royal Honey Hydro Cream. For now, I would not be repurchasing this since I am really liking the Sana moisturizer and I always like to try out different products. But overall, I really like this and I have a full review written on this already, which you can read here




Next, I'm glad to say that I have finally finished using up the Nature Republic Soothing and Moisture Aloe Vera Gel. Okay firstly, this container is HUGE. There is so much product in here and I clearly remembered that I got it for only 4400Won in Korea, which is really inexpensive for the amount of product I am getting. As for the product itself, I don't recommend you to use this as a moisturizer. I remember in the winter, when I went out and only wore this as a "moisturizer", I came back with skin peeling off my face and my face was painful for a week or so. Thus, I only use this as a soothing gel. This is excellent for mosquito bites or minor cuts. I also use this when my skin itches (mainly because my skin is rather dry) and it really helps to stop the itch.  





It's sad to say that I have used up another bottle of the Etude House Silk Scarf Repair Hair Essence. I don't know what's in this thing but it just makes my hair so smooth. I already wrote a review on one of my previous empties blog post. You can read about it here. I REALLY LOVE this so much and I don't know what I would do without it. I really wished it came in a larger bottle so that I don't run out of this so quickly.



Another product that I absolutely love and will definitely repurchase is the Innisfree Apple Juicy Clearing Oil. This is a makeup remover and this is really, really good. You know that I am a picky person and I always like to find something that works wonders and this it it. It removes makeup so well especially eye makeup. I must say that the formula is rather thick and I would like if it was slightly thinner so that I don't have to use so much each time I remove my makeup. Other than that, I really, really love this. I already asked one of my Korean friends, Julia, to help me pick this up when she goes back to Korea over the summer. 




The next product that I have used up is the Vanilla Body Butter from The Body Shop. While writing this post, I realized that I forgot to take photos of the Body Butter but instead, I took photos of the body lotion. I would say that I like the body lotion more. I'm pretty sure that they might have repackaged it; perhaps the bottle comes in a different color now. I got the body lotion a long time ago during the Christmas season and I'm not particularly sure if you can only get this during Christmas. I really really love this scent because it's just so yummy. I also like this because the consistency is thin, but it moisturizes really well and does not leave my skin greasy. I have mentioned this in my previous empties post but I will just mention this again since I really like this.

The Vanilla Body Butter was too greasy for my liking.


That will be all I have for my spring empties! Thank you so much for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment