-

-

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

China Cup 2014

Hi guys!

Alright I just came back from a basketball tournament in Hong Kong not long ago and I'm like SO TIRED AND SORE. But it was so fun and really memorable.


Friday 10th January:
I woke up so early to get to the airport. After checking in and stuff, I just sat with some of my team mates.

Here's Hannah and I at the airport.


On the plane, I switched sits with Peyton to sit with Hannah. For most of the plane ride, I was actually sleeping and sometimes, I was studying. Oh and also, the other teams were on the plane too: the JV guys and varsity guys and girls. When we got to Hong Kong, we still had to take a bus to Hong Kong International School. 


I managed to get my hands on this childhood snack of mine.


Here's a shot I took of Hannah when she was eating. Hehe.

When we got to HKIS, we basically left our luggage in the gym and waited for our game. Our first game was against International School of Beijing. At first we were leading by like 6 but we lost by 2 in the end... So that was sad. I didn't play very well that day.

Hannah and I met up with our homestay, Kristin, after our game and they brought us to an American Club to eat dinner. We only ate salad because we felt that it was kinda expensive and Kristin's mum won't let us pay... :/ She practically paid for all our meals and I actually feel very bad because I have money but she just won't let me pay. 

Anyway, we went back to their house after dinner, which is right next to the American Club. It's called The Manhatten and it's really near HKIS. Their house is awesome okay. I can see the sea and mountains from their house. The view is so beautiful. After bathing, Hannah and I went to sleep.


Saturday 11th January:
We played HKIS first thing in the morning and we won. I feel kinda bad going against Kristin's team but it's a harsh world.

Kristin then brought us and some of her team mates to a nearby place called Stanley for lunch. I feel like the setting is a little European-like and it's a really beautiful place! The weather that day wasn't cold too. 





We left Stanley because we had another game in the afternoon against Canadian International School of Hong Kong (CDNIS). We won them too so that's good. I guess I played pretty well for those two games. 

For dinner, Kristin's family brought us to a restaurant on The Peak. You can see Hong Kong's skyline from The Peak. I've been there two years ago on a family trip but I went in the morning. I didn't have my camera with me so this is the best the photos look.

After dinner, we went back to their house and Hannah and I slept really quickly. 


12th January 2013:
Finals game against ISB! We didn't win though haha. I think it's because we trailed a lot from the start of the game. I don't really know why. I didn't play very well either so I was kinda sad. But oh well, it was the last game of the season and it was really memorable for me. Fun fact: I actually got 4 fouls in the game and almost fouled out. Another fun fact: When I was in the bathroom, I heard dudes showering. Apparently, the girls' locker room is connected to the guy's shower room. It was really weird. So I decided to go into the cubicle and change and when I came out, I actually saw the two guys changing. They had pants on already of course. 

This is the view from Kristin's house + it was sunrise. 

My team stayed to cheer the JV guys on but they didn't win in the end. 

So the JV guys and girls and Varsity guys all got 2nd and the Varsity girls got 3rd. I'm not sure how the varsity players feel but I am satisfied with my team's results.

I don't have a team photo right now but I will post it once I get it!

*Update*
Here it is! The quality may not be really good though.

Hannah and I said goodbye to our homestay family. I'll really miss them.

Yup I got the funny eyes from the flash. 

Oh and this is a random photo of the bruises I got over basketball season: one on the side of my stomach, a heart shaped one I got over china cup on my shoulder and a 10cm bruise I got on my leg. 


The bus ride back to the airport seemed really short because I had a fun time playing Mafia with the JV guys on the bus. Some of the other JV girls also joined in. People kept accusing certain people of being the killer so that was kinda funny. 

The plane ride was kinda boring though. I sat with someone I didn't really know and I tried to talk to him but I guess we just don't know each other very well. I was also working on my PE journal so yeah. 

I got back home at like 9.30pm and I was so tired. Plus, I still had school on Monday and I had to do work. 

Overall, I really loved China Cup and I enjoyed playing with my team this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment