-

-

Friday, January 3, 2014

Penang and Singapore Trip! (Winter Break 2013)

Hey guys!

So I just came back from Singapore yesterday and read on to find out what I did during my winter break!

Day 1:
My mom, Henry and I took the flight back to Singapore.


I watched The City of Bones and the Steve Jobs movie. I really liked the City of Bones movie. If you're reading this, you have to watch it if you have not already!

This is Jace from the movie. He's so hot!



At night, we stayed at my aunt's house since we were going off to Penang the next day. I have a little cousin there and she's so adorable! She loves my brother so much that when we were going to sleep, she refused to let go of my brother and then she started crying when my uncle pulled her out of our room.


Day 2:
We got up so damn early to catch our flight to Penang. My uncle and aunt drove us to the airport so I would really like to thank them for getting up so damn early with us too. We got to Penang in about one and a half hours and it took us another hour to get to our resort. We stayed at the Golden Sands Resort by Shangri-La. It's so awesome! Our room was really big and we had a sea view <3 I loved the breakfast. There was so much food I didn't know what to eat.


We ate at an Indian restaurant near our hotel and I ate some Chicken Biryani.


And then it's beach time!!! I missed the beach so much and I haven't been to one in like a year or so.


That's Henry.


We ate dinner at a place called Gurney drive. It's really close to Gurney Plaza which is a really big shopping mall that I didn't really shop at since I was going to do my shopping in Singapore. So Gurney Drive is like a food court but it's outdoors. There is sooo much food there. I ate noodles (char kway teow) and had some sugar cane juice. 


Day 3:
We went to George Town which is a world heritage center with a lot of old buildings. There were also quite a few temples there.

There were a number of these artistic models. I don’t know what you call them but they are so pretty!

Okay I have an obsession with owls and I literally screamed when I saw this store! That’s my mom paying for something I got! (I will make a hauls post soon I hope!)





We went to Fort Cornwallis in the afternoon after a simple lunch. Okay just look at the picture right after this for the description.


There’s a really famous chendol and a penang laksa store in George Town. The road is called Lebuh Keng Kwee (10200 P.Pinang). The queue for the chendol was so long! I’ve never eaten chendol before and I think it takes really good! I actually ate this when we got to the place in the morning when there was no queue at all, but in the afternoon, when my brother wanted to eat some more chendol, the queue was really long. The penang laksa is right beside the chendol store and it’s really different from Singapore laksa. I didn’t eat a lot because I had a really bad sore throat during my stay in Penang but my brother really loved it. 


I think we ate Macs for dinner. Hahaha that's so boring. 


Day 4:
We took a bus to Penang Hill, which is the highest point in Penang and a lovely sightseeing place. Everyone had to take a tram up the hill. The view on top is really breathtaking! It was slightly difficult for me to take perfect shots because it was a little foggy in the morning but it looks so much better if you are there personally.

That's the bus interchange where we started taking the bus from.

Selfie time.

By the way, the tallest building in Penang is the Komtar Tower which has sort of a octagonal shape. I didn’t go up there though. 

There were also some random stuff on the top of the hill like a dinosaur exhibit. Of course I didn’t go but there was this cute and gigantic dinosaur balloon thing! There were also some temples on the hill.



 And then there's me trying to do an Indian pose.


We then went to a Buddhist temple called Kek Lok Si which is nearby Penang Hill. This temple is HUGE. Being Buddhists, we walked around the place slowly and did a short prayer to almost all of the gods.



And there was a huge turtle pond.

After eating lunch nearby, we went back to our resort and Henry and I went to swim again. At first, I was just tanning in peace at the beach until he forced me to swim with him. Now I realized that I actually got a bikini tanline but I always un-tan very quickly. :( 

We went back to Gurney Drive for the last time for dinner and I just had some fried oysters. 


Day 5:
We left Penang early in the morning since our flight was rescheduled. We were actually planning on just chilling around the beach and the pools again but that didn’t work out. 

We reached Singapore and headed straight to our hotel. It’s more like an apartment actually. It’s called Orchard Scotts and I really love this place since it’s so close to the Newton subway which is only a stop away from Orchard <3 This place actually has residential towers too so that’s pretty cool.

*Alright, while I was in Singapore, I mainly went shopping and met up with a few friends and my aunt and uncle. So I’m just going to write about the more interesting events so the post will not be too long. I will do a haul post on clothes and cosmetics separately (And perhaps share what I got for Christmas this year)!*

22nd December:
My mom finally let me dye my hair! It's just a little bit at the back of my head. My bro also dyed his hair actually.




Henry had a birthday party in the afternoon at my aunt's house.

That's my cousin!



She's only up till my hip area.

She was crying at first because she thought it was her birthday.

That's me with no make up. #ugly. 


23rd December:
Happy birthday Henry!

I watched a movie called Last Vegas with my dad while Henry and my mom watched the Hobbit. 


25th December:
Merry Christmas! I didn't do much actually... I just walked around JEM and Westgate in the morning and Orchard for a little while at night. It was sooooo crowded.


At JEM.


26th December:
In the morning, I met up with my primary school friend Emily! I'm so glad I could meet up with her. I didn't see her in like a year or so. She's so pretty and fun-loving and I love her hair. Anyway, we had very deep conversations about netball life and other stuff so it was a really good meet up and I really look forward to seeing her soon!





In the evening, I met up with my tuition friend Sarah! We went to the same tuition ever since we were like twelve I think. So we were together for 3 years. I always loved tuition with her and we were just remembering all the good times we had in tuition. We were also talking about extremely deep stuff in life and it felt really nice talking to her. Now everything's so different since she got transferred into another class due to different systems in different schools. We actually looked for our most recent teacher because he's really nice and funny and he's a really good teacher but he's overseas. :( We told another teacher we dropped by so hopefully he will know!

I'm not posting any photos because I had a facial in the afternoon and my mom didn't allow me to put make up afterwards. So my face was like RED and ugly. But Sarah's so pretty!


27th December: 
In the morning and afternoon, I was at Orchard shopping with my parents. At night, I met up with Tzire! He’s a Youtuber and a rapper and you can go check him out

28th December: 
I went back to my old school, Nan Hua High in the morning. Actually I was just there to wait for Yu Lin who I went out with after her workshop ended. While I was there, no one really was there but I saw JT and also Mr Quek right before I left. I heard school is starting on the 2nd of January so I would try to go back and maybe see everyone I know. 





Yu Lin and I went to JEM and we ate Sushi Tei. I haven’t ate Japanese food in quite some time and I ate Udon and shared soba noodles with her! We talked for a really, really long time and reminisced all the memories we had. We were also talking about school and people. That was when I realized that I barely have any true friends in Nan Hua. I know a lot of people and I’m sure a lot of people know me too but seldom anyone really cares about me so… Anyway, I showed her around JEM and Westgate since I was there a few days ago and I THINK that she actually had a really good time listening to me introduce her to make up. When I had to go, we took photos of course! It’s such a pity that another best friend of ours, Germaine, couldn’t make it since she’s really busy. Well, I hope to see the two of them again soon! 







29th December: 
This day was the best day I had. In the morning, I met up with a few of my Nepal group mates. Only 4 of us were there though since the others had work or were busy. Wei Yang came first and then Wan Hern and then Wan Ting (who was really late haha). We talked about school and people and life basically. It’s so good catching up with them. They are few of the closer friends I have from Nan Hua. I hope to see all of them on the 2nd of January! 

Wan Ting!

Wei Yang!

Wan Hern!


In the afternoon, Wei Yang and I left for our class meet up. Actually, only 10 people came but they were mostly the people I was closer with. We were just sitting around and they were making fun of my accent, especially when I say “what”. So yeah. 

We ate lunch at some restaurant in Ion at basement 4. It’s a little expensive though. But I just wanted to find somewhere to sit and eat because I was just so damn hungry. Zheng Xuan and Wei Yang left afterwards. 

We walked to Cineleisure for a movie. I didn’t really want to watch a movie and I would prefer to chat more but since almost everyone else wanted to so I couldn’t do anything. While walking to Cineleisure, I was mainly bitching to Kyne about something (which I will talk about in a separate post) and well yeah tormenting him with my accent and voice. 

We watched 47 Ronin and the ticket was really expensive. It was like $12 and I tried to get Kyne to treat me to the movie because come on, he's so rich. But he claims that he has no money and so I still had to pay him $10. The movie was alright but the ending was so SAD. I could feel the tears but Kyne and Lewis were sitting beside me and I bet if I started crying they would make fun of me. So I didn't. 

And then Kyne went off with Marvin so bye Kyne.

The rest of us sat in KFC and continued chatting. I was talking to Fiona about stuff and it always feels good talking to a good friend who you didn't talk to in ages. After a while, we all had to leave. So I guess I will see them a year later? 


Their failed selfie. 

Zheng Xuan, Wei Yang, Kyne, Ken Mun, Reon, Fiona, Kay Kiat, Lewis and Bai Lin (Left to right).



Zheng Xuan's still as tall as ever + Kyne the photobomber.



Fiona!


 Li Fan. Why do my eyes look so gigantic omg.


Reon. Ok I look different in every single photo.


Lewis.


Bai Lin. I look bad in low light.


 Ken Mun + Reon the photobomber.


Kay Kiat.


30th December:
I didn't do much in the morning but my mom's friend came to visit us in our apartment. I only sat through the beginning of their chat and then I went on my laptop. In the evening, my mum, Henry and I went to Fullerton Hotel for an À la carte buffet at Jade restaurant. The food is slightly more classy I think. At first the serving speed was alright, but then it got really slow since the restaurant was almost full house. Overall, I think it's still alright but I won't be going there again. Afterwards, we just walked beside the Singapore River for a while.


This was in the Fullerton Hotel. I always look bad in low light so yeah.

That bridge though.


31st December:
I don't remember doing anything in the morning and afternoon and at night, I stayed at home. #boring. I was out shopping at Orchard at around 8pm but I didn't see anyone so I went home after I got some clothes. I watched the countdown on TV. It was pretty boring until The Wanted started performing! I was falling asleep and then I woke up because oh damn that British accent.



1st January 2014:
HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS!!!
In the morning, my family went to a Buddhist temple and then we went for lunch at Carlton hotel. My relatives from both my mom and dad's side came. The food was pretty good and we ordered a lot. I didn't eat much actually. 


#ootd


In the afternoon, my family went to MacRitchie Reservoir for the treetop walk. We had to walk A LOT till we got to the treetop walk. I was so tired even before I started walking and I don't know why. The treetop walk is alright, but it is nothing compared to a treetop walk I went to in Australia a few years ago! The one I went to in Australia had a lot of turns and it was a really long walk but the one in Singapore is just one straight line. I guess it's a nice experience looking at all the greenery. I never get to see beautiful scenery in Shanghai since it's so polluted nowadays. Afterwards, we still had to walk back to the car park and the whole journey took us about three hours. 

I like looking deep.

There were monkeys around too!



2nd January: 
I woke up at 6.30am in the morning to get ready to go back to Nan Hua. I wanted to go for flag raising since I haven’t heard the school song in more than a year. Actually, I went back again for another Nepal group meet up, and also to say hi to some of my teachers. Some other people were there like Qi Ling, Alicia, and others. I saw Ching Rui first and then Liang Hsi came. I was talking to Liang Hsi for quite some time and then we went to play basketball. I sweat so much all my make up got wiped off when I wiped my sweat off. Wei Yang came next and so he joined us. By the time Wan Hern came, it was already like near 11? Wan Ting and Xuan Rui said that they would come at 10 but they didn’t come anyway. I ate some simple stuff for lunch. 


During their break time, I saw some of the netballers. I was walking around with Joli for the majority of the time. We talked for a while and I realized that we are still really close, even though we seldom talk when I’m in Shanghai. Basically, she’s one of the first few juniors I knew and now I can’t believe that if I was still in Singapore, I would have left the team already. Oh by the way, she also brought me to her class to see Michael, who’s this really cute dude. I don’t like him though I just found him very chubby and adorable when he was like 13?? 

After their break was over, I joined the Nepal peeps again. I played 1v1 basketball with Wan Hern. He had this sudden love for basketball just recently but I guess he’s not bad. I barely even scored against him. I can’t play 1v1. I sweat soooo much after playing. Here’s a photo of my sweaty forehead. 


#thateffort

Wei Yang had to leave after some time so here’s our group photo! 


When school ended, I went to the staff room to look for my teachers. The others joined me. I saw my math teacher from secondary 1, my math teacher from secondary 3, my chinese teacher from secondary 3, my netball teacher in charge, and a few other PE teachers. I only took a photo with Miss Neo because she’s our Nepal group teacher in charge, and she’s seriously my favorite teacher in Nan Hua. I wish I had her as my chemistry teacher in secondary 3 because she made me love chemistry so much when I was in secondary 2. Now I dislike chemistry because my secondary 3 teacher really ruined my interest in it. 

Miss Neo!


A photo with Ching Rui early in the morning.

Ching Rui and Wan Hern left after a while. Apparently, there was this “CCA experience” so most of the netballers stayed back for it. I played street netball with them. I’m still okay with shooting I guess, but I don’t shoot with a netball style anymore. I talked to some of the secondary 4s and it’s great catching up with them! 


This is Yong Qi. I think she's taller than I am already!


Joli, still my favorite junior.

Oh and I also saw Gabriel, my group mate in my Secondary 2 leadership camp. The lighting is a little weird but oh well. Why is he skinnier than I am. -.-


When I had to leave, Yong Qi, Joli and I went to the subway station. Yong Qi went a separate way from Joli and I. When Joli and I were on the train, this dude who sat opposite of us held his phone out. We looked at each other because we weren’t sure if he was taking a photo of us or if he was taking a selfie. But then he brought the camera to the skinny angle so we knew he was taking a selfie. IT WAS SO FUNNY. 

When I was on the subway, I saw Li Yun, my Nepal room mate in the same cabin! It was so coincidental!

Anyway, I hope to see everyone soon! 

At night, we ate chicken rice from my favorite stall (I will be doing a What I Ate While I was in Singapore post). My aunt and uncle came and they also brought my cousin along just to talk to us before we left. Apparently, my cousin loves my brother so much that when he hits me, my cousin will follow him and hit me too. -.- 


3rd January: 

Goodbye Singapore. :(

I woke up so damn early and headed to the airport. I got pissed off at my brother because she ruined a part of my Hollister bag. 

I also watched The City of Bones again and the movie made more sense after watching it again. Damn Jace is so hot I don’t know how many times I have to say this. For the rest of the time, I’m working on this blog post actually. I also fell asleep sometimes because I was so tired yesterday. This is the holiday that I stayed the most active so far in all my holidays.

When we got to Shanghai, we unpacked and basically now I'm on my laptop. 

So that's the end of the post! I will have other posts coming up soon like hauls and food and other stuff. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment