-

-

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Review: Innisfree Color Glow Lipstick

Hi guys!

Alright so when my friend, Evette, went to Seoul for her winter break, I asked her to get me this Innisfree Lipstick in No. 5 called Plum Burgundy. I'm actually not very sure if that's the correct name in English though because I got it off other blogs. I don't read Korean so let's just stick to No. 5. I think she got it for 12000Won, which is pretty affordable. Of course I did pay her back. Okay when I got the lipstick from her, I literally screamed because it just looks so pretty!

It came in a paper box. I think Korean make up stores are really environmental friendly. Even the bags they give you after you purchase an item are recyclable paper bags instead of plastic bags.



The lipstick itself is really simple looking! I feel like it's really suitable for young people like me and it's nothing too fancy.


One thing I don't like about the packaging is that when I am putting the lipstick cap back on, there is still a protruding part of the lipstick that will not be "hidden"? I don't know I just like my lipsticks to be nicely covered. I know I'm kinda weird.


The color is SLIGHTLY different when I apply it onto my lips. I really, really wanted a DARK burgundy color because I don't have one yet. But this happened to be a little more red than burgundy. It still can be considered a burgundy color though, but it's just not that prominent.

As you can see, this is under bright lighting.  It will appear darker if the lighting is darker. I'm sorry if I look too fierce I just like looking deep. ;) This was taken before I went to my dad's company's chinese new year dinner.



I still really like this lipstick though! It's pretty moisturizing and it will not dry out my lips as long as I applied lip balm under it. Also, there isn't any shimmer in it. I'm really into bold red lips now and even though this color is not a BOLD red, I think it's actually pretty close to one. 

I will definitely try out more Innisfree lipsticks now and ditch the Etude House lipsticks. I just feel like  some of Etude House's products have really good packaging but I end up not using them because I don't like how they turn out in the end. 

Overall, I would really like to thank Evette for helping me get this! And if any of you are going to Korea for a vacation, I strongly suggest you check out Innisfree. (:

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment