-

-

Saturday, August 13, 2016

Review: Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation SPF 15

Hey guys!

Today, I'll be reviewing the Bobbi Brown Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation with SPF 15. This foundation may look familiar to you already. I mentioned it in a 2015 empties and a 2016 empties post previously, but have never written an in-depth review on it before. So let's jump right in.

This was the first high-end foundation that I got from Sephora when I was at a Stanford summer camp. The lady helping me recommended that I get a Color IQ match. It's like a mini camera that takes pictures of different parts of your face and finds all the foundations (or concealers) in store that match you perfectly. I ended up with the shade Warm Sand 2.5, which has strong yellow undertones and is my perfect shade in the summer.  

Here are the claims on Bobbi Brown's website: "A natural-looking and long-wearing foundation with SPF. Comfortable and hydrating, this medium to full coverage oil-free formula never looks cakey or masky." It is targeted towards normal to oily skin but even though I have pretty dry skin, I never felt like this foundation dried up my skin or left weird patches. Additionally, I feel like the foundation does really live up to its claims. I will have pictures down below for you to view.


The foundation comes in a frosted glass bottle and has a rather classy look. It also comes with a pump and is travel-friendly since I never had to worry about the foundation spilling or anything. 


There is also a lavender scent to it, but it's not overpowering and it doesn't bother me. Wayne Goss (the Youtuber) said in one of his videos that lavender is irritating, but personally, this foundation never broke me out. I just wanted to let you know that there is a fragrance and if you are sensitive to fragrance this foundation might not be for you.


It comes with 1 fluid ounce (30mL), which is a typical amount amongst most foundations. It expires around 24 months after opening. 


Here are some swatches of the foundation.



I like to apply this foundation with a damp sponge rather than a brush because I tend to prefer a more natural and sheer look. 



Now, here are some pictures of how the foundation wears on my skin.

I took these pictures after I came home walking for 15 minutes in like over 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit) weather, under the hot sun, and I was sweating PROFUSELY once I reached home. The foundation has been on my face for about 7 hours. I really wanted to test if it was long-wearing and if the finish was still even.

So I came home and blot my face with some tissue to get the sweat off. I then took these photos and I am surprised to see how the foundation did not break down that much and there was still a really even finish. 


I sweat a lot on my forehead, but from the looks of it, my skin still looks pretty smooth.


I must say that this foundation settles into my smile lines, but then again, every foundation that I have used does that. Thankfully, it'll go away when I rub over the crease lightly.  


I've circled out the slightly problematic areas. There's my smile line, my nose, and my cheeks. You can't see the crease on my smile line anymore since I rubbed it off like I previously mentioned. The foundation wore off a little around my nose, but it's not extremely obvious unless you stare closely at it.

The biggest problem for me is that the foundation will settle into my pores on my cheeks. When I use my Hard Candy Sheer Envy Skin Perfecting Primer in the pink packaging, my pores won't show through. BUT, when I use my Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer my pores would really show through.


The same goes for the other side with the circled areas.


Another slightly problematic area is my nose. Maybe the foundation is settling into the pores as well. Once again, it's not that noticeable, unless you zoom in on the picture. 


Overall, I do enjoy using this foundation. I feel like not a lot of people talk about it. If I put on just a little powder, there is a slight dewiness to it and my skin does seem to show through. If I put on just a normal amount of powder for those days where I really need my foundation to last, I will get a matte, but not a cakey face. 

I have worn this foundation to all my dances or special events, such as Winter Formal and Prom, and it never gave me a flashback even though it has SPF in it.

Do keep in mind that when I took these photos, I was using the Hard Candy primer so that really helped to eliminate the look of pores. I must say that the foundation does not look that nice when I don't use that primer. It may just be that the foundation doesn't work that well with my skin and it could work better for you.

I would probably try out some different foundations just because I like trying out different products.

I hope you found this review informative and thank you so much for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment