-

-

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Review: Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara

Hi guys!

I am writing a review for the Maybelline Volum' Express The Falsies Big Eyes Waterproof Mascara in Very Black. 

I've never heard of this mascara until my Dad got it back from the US for me. Actually, I sent him a picture of the Falsies Waterproof, which I wanted but I think he got it mixed up. So anyway, since I was running out of my mascara, I decided to give this a try.

I do not like this mascara and I will now tell you why.

So this mascara comes with an upper lash brush and a lower lash brush. When I saw this I thought, "Uhh................. Okay................." because I don't put mascara on my lower lashes! I already have eyebags that seem PERMANENT. No matter how much sleep I get, my eyebags just don't go away.  Plus, my eyebags are not the "puffy" kind of eyebags, they are the red/purple-ish eyebags... I've had them since I was really young so I've kinda learnt to live with it. I do use a concealer on my undereyes and I do not want to add anything to my lower lashes to draw any unwanted attention to my undereyes. The only time I ever use the lower lash brush is when I have to go back in to my upper lashes to add volume. The brushes are fairly tiny. I think I personally prefer SLIGHTLY bigger brushes. 

I hate how this applies. It takes me FOREVER to build volume. I hate spending so much time doing my make up on school days because I just really want to sleep in for another 5-10 minutes. I have to do 2 coats + 2 coats of using the lower lash brush to get into the really tiny gaps. 





This is one coat of the mascara. You can really see how thin and sparse it makes my lashes look. I honestly think my lashes look better without this. 


Another reason I dislike this mascara is that it holds a curl well for a few short hours, but it will weigh my lashes back down after a longer period of time. By the time I get home from school, my lashes look like how they naturally are. I do not have lashes that grow straight down but if you're someone with lashes that do not have a curl, I recommend that you stay away from mascaras like this.

Lastly, I get A LOT of fall out at the end of the day from this mascara. It's really annoying because I have to keep checking on them at school and I want to be more carefree! When I wore this to Basketball practice, it did not look good after the practice... There was visible smudging and fallout. 

I will definitely NOT recommend this mascara. I think I'm going to toss this away really soon.

I promise you that I'll do a review on the Maybelline Falsies and the Rocket, which are really popular on Youtube and on the Internet. And I'll probably do a comparison! 

I hope you found this review helpful and thank you for reading. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment