-

-

Friday, February 7, 2014

H&M and Sephora Haul!

Hi guys!

So my brother went out today and I thought, "Okay why don't I go out too and go shopping since I don't want to stay at home the whole day."

We went to Grand Gateway (上海港汇广场). I had some donuts for lunch and then I went to H&M. It isn't in the mall but it's only a 5 minute walk to the store. I was so surprised that the store was so empty. It didn't feel like China at all. Today is Friday, and it's the Chinese New Year break so I thought that there should be a lot of people out on the streets. Perhaps it was because of the rain and the cold so there wasn't a lot of people shopping. 

There wasn't much sales in the shop and I only had 500RMB with me so I had to spend wisely. The best type of shopping is when you have your parents to pay for everything you get. But I guess I'm starting to mature and I really don't want to waste my parents' money.

Anyway, I wanted a pair of combat boots and that is the main reason for me to shop today. I saw that a pair of maroon combat boots I wanted were 299RMB, which is around 49.32USD and 62.55SGD. I felt like they were pretty but then I thought I should just go to the US and get similar boots for a slightly cheaper price. Like some combat boots at target are $30+. Also, I wear size 41 but when I tried the size 41, it was sooooo big. And the shelves were so high I couldn't even reach the back row. Yeah when I cannot reach the back row (I'm 173.5cm tall), don't even talk about people with average height looking for their sizes...

So I just looked around and found some items. This is the first time I ever spent about 1 and a half hour in a store. It was seriously so spacious and I could really take a look at everything. 

I'm taking my photos at a kinda awkward place because I needed better lighting...




I got a polka dotted hair bow! This looks so cute. I’m probably gonna style my hair differently from these pictures. I just want to give you an idea of how the bow looks on my hair. This was not on sale and I got this for 29.90RMB.





Next, I got a small pencil case with really adorable comic animations and words on it! I will probably not be storing any of my school stationery here because they won't fit in here. I just have too much stationery... I will probably use this to store my eyeliners though! (: This was also not on sale and I got this for 29.90RMB.




I also got a pair of hair clips. I intend to use these when I'm sectioning my hair when I'm curling/straightening it. These were on sale for 10RMB and it was buy 1 get 1 free so I got some flower clips along with these.





And I FINALLY got some super skinny jeans which is in the classic dark navy color. I have to admit that I have many pairs of jeans but some of them don't fit me well. Also, this looks lighter on the pictures here than in reality. This was not on sale and I got this for 199RMB, which I will consider as a pretty decent price. 



And I also like jeans that have a logo at the back.


Last but not least, I got a FOX BEANIE for 79.90RMB. This is actually for Nicole because her birthday is coming up soon. I really hope she likes it! AND I hope she's not reading this now because that would be a total spoiler.



Moving on to my Sephora Haul!

Actually I only got 1 item. LOL. But seriously, I just feel like everything in China is somewhat overpriced and I'm pretty sure I'm going to the US sooner or later and I can buy all the make up I want there. 

I got a Sephora Eyeliner which is called the Crayon Jumbo Liner 12 Hour Wear in Number 11, Turquoise. I'm not sure if China has the same colors as the ones in the US or in other countries. Anyway, this was on sale for 60RMB, which is why I got it. It's only 9.90USD and 12.56SGD. I think that's PRETTY INEXPENSIVE. I just checked it online and the original price was 119RMB, which is 19.63USD. That's insane. I am pretty sure I can buy high end eyeliners in the US for that price. Now you see how China's Sephora is ridiculously overpriced?






I think this screams summer and poolside parties. I've actually been wanting a turquoise eyeliner for quite some time.



I decided to test if it was waterproof. So I got in the shower and did what I need to do and then I went to take a look at it. I let the water hit my eyes and also did some occasional rubbing off the water from my eyes. This is how it looks like after I showered. I guess this isn't very waterproof, and you can clearly see that there is smudging. I personally will not go into the pool and swim for hours in this eyeliner but I think if I'm going for a poolside party with my friends and if they push me into the water, and I get out after that, this is perfectly alright. 

I'm sorry if the photo looks kinda blurry. the camera was dumb and focussed on my hair instead.



And that would be all for my haul today!

I am pretty satisfied with what I got today and I really don't want CNY break to end... No, schoooooool. :(

Thanks for reading! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment