-

-

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Review: Yankee Candles (:

Hi guys!

Some time ago, my grandma got back Yankee Candles for me from Singapore. I actually wanted November Rain because I heard that it smelt really good but it was out of stock. So she got me Vanilla Cupcake and Christmas Cookie.



This smells REALLY good. Like it smells just like if someone is baking. There's a really strong vanilla scent. I think this is from the Food and Spice collection? I have yet to burn this but this is just awesome. Honestly, Christmas Cookie smells really similar to this. I was hoping that Christmas Cookie had more of a ginger smell to it but it didn't. 

Vanilla Cupcake's scent is also more noticeable than Christmas Cookie's. I'm now burning my Christmas Cookie candle but it takes more than an hour for the scent to get noticeable. Like I can smell it if I exit my room for a while and I come back in, but when I'm studying, I can't really smell anything when the candle is right beside me. So, I will recommend you to get Vanilla Cupcake. I think my grandma got that in the smallest size.

However, one thing I don't really like about Yankee Candles is that it's REALLY pricey. My grandma told me that it cost her like $70SGD for the 2 candles. I will probably try to avoid getting Yankee Candles in the future and just opt for Bath and Body Works candles. Sometimes they have the 2 for $22 deal which is super worth it. Unfortunately, there's only BBW in the US and Canada. They also have really nice scents and I'm pretty sure I can find a BBW candle that smells just like Vanilla Cupcake. 

Also, I find it a little difficult lighting up the candle with a lighter maybe because the jar is not really wide? But that's just me.

This is Christmas Cookie:

No comments:

Post a Comment