-

-

Monday, July 28, 2014

Review: Not Your Mother's Lock Luster Oil Treatment

Hi guys!

I have started trying out some of the products I hauled in San Francisco and I will be reviewing the Not Your Mother's Lock Luster Oil Treatment.

I'm just gonna jump straight to the point: I love this and I regret not buying like five more bottles. It's basically a hair oil and it makes my hair so much more hydrated and healthy. My hair is SUPER dry and damaged and I have no idea why my hair is so horrible, so I have to keep using hair oils. I won't say that this oil treatment has completely repaired my hair from all the damage but when I do use it, my hair feels so much smoother. Also, I recently went to Da Nang, Vietnam for a family vacation and I was at the pool and the beach a lot. This oil treatment totally saved my hair from getting even more damaged there. 

I have never purchased NYM products before and I always had the false impression that NYM products were slightly more expensive. I was wrong and their products are seriously so affordable and many of them have such high quality. I saw them in almost every CVS I went to, but I only found this Lock Luster Oil Treatment at Ulta. I have a few other NYM products that I might review after this post!

Before getting this, I have been using the Etude House Silk Scarf Repair Hair Essence which you can read about here. I enjoyed that as well but I think I might like the NYM's one a little more. I got the NYM's Lock Luster Oil Treatment at Ulta for $5.99 (Yes I actually went through all my receipts and checked the price). That is around 6157.38 Korean Won and the Silk Scarf Repair Hair Essence actually cost 6500 Won. I would say that the NYM's Lock Luster Oil Treatment is more worth it because it comes with 100mL but the Etude House Silk Scarf Repair Hair Essence only comes with 60mL. Thus, I would definitely repurchase the Lock Luster Oil Treatment over the Silk Scarf Repair Hair Essence. 

The Not Your Mother's Lock Luster Oil Treatment also smells AMAZING. It has a really sweet scent, almost smelling like candy. Who doesn't want their hair to smell good ;)



Before using:
(Yup my hair is pretty dry, damaged and dull-looking. Honestly, my hair is one of the parts of my body that I don't feel very confident about. It has been like this for a few years and I just can't get it to look better. But nowadays, I'm trying to use hair masks more often so hopefully it will improve.)






I put the oil treatment in the right side of my hair; there's no product in the left. I guess you can't really tell the difference on camera but I assure you that my hair feels so much smoother and hydrated. It also gives a very slight shine to my hair which I like.


No product:

(Wow so many split ends)

With product:



Once again, I know it's really difficult to tell the difference it made to my hair just by looking at these photos. It probably takes time to notice a great improvement in my hair too. But I really love this product and I will definitely be getting a few more bottles in future. I really recommend you to check this out if you can!

I hope this review was helpful in some way. Thank you so much for reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment