-

-

Saturday, March 15, 2014

DIY: Brush Holder!

Hi guys!

Ever wondered what you can do with an empty candle glass jar?

Well I made it into my own makeup brush holder and here's how you can do it:

So I have finished burning Christmas Cookie by Yankee Candle.


Firstly, put the jar into the freezer for a couple of hours. I left mine in the freezer for about 3 hours. It will be much easier to take the remaining wax that cannot be burned out.



Use a knife to loosen the wax. I used a pair of scissors because I didn't have a knife handy. So just press on the wax at the side of the jar, and pull the wax out by holding on the candle wick.



Peel off the label and wash the jar out using hand soap. Use the rough part of a dishwashing sponge together with the hand soap to remove the paper label at the bottom of the jar and the stickiness left from the label. 







Now, just fill the jar with whatever you like! I wanted to fill it up with plant filler beads initially but I didn't have them. So, I used folded paper stars and filled them to the top. I made these paper stars a long time ago. It's kind of like a childhood thing to me. The downside to this is that it is softer than plant filler beads so it is more difficult for the brushes to stand upright. 




Yup and that's it. I'm horrible at doing artsy crafts but trust me, this is so simple. I got it done in less than half an hour (not counting the time I left it in the freezer). 

So girls, give this a go and thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment