-

-

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Review: MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation


Hey guys!

I’m writing a quick review for the MAC Studio Sculpt SPF 15 Foundation. I have finished using this and I can now give you a comprehensive review of the product.

This is how it looks like and I have it in the shade NC25.




My dad picked it out at an airport duty free shop around last April for me. It was a really long time ago and it took me a really long time to finish using this because I was using my Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow! foundation for quite some time simultaneously. Firstly, the packaging is simple and it’s not fancy. It's also very handy to bring it around with you because the cap can be screwed on really tightly. This is a foundation for dry skin. MAC had another foundation called the MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF which is for oily skin.

When I first started using this, it was somehow too light for my skin, but now it's alright. That sounds kind of weird but that's just what I realized only a few weeks ago. 

I didn't really like this foundation. It feels VERY heavy and it makes it so obvious that you're wearing makeup. No matter how much I tried to blend it, it just does not give that flawless, smooth and non-cakey look. I'm having swimming for PE nowadays, and I when I come out of the pool, I can still see a visible smile line. Like come on, I'm only 17 and if this foundation is giving me "wrinkles", it just isn't right. I expected a lot more from MAC because it's definitely a high-end store. 

On the other hand, the good thing about this foundation is that the coverage is REALLY good after 2-3 layers. I don't really need to put concealer over my face after I used this. The lasting power is also superb. Like I said before, I'm having swimming and when I came out of the pool one day, I was very surprised that I still had a really good coverage on my skin. When I went swimming with the Benefit foundation (mixed in with a lot of other BB creams since it was too dark for my skin), the foundation is totally washed off and you know how I look without makeup. Also, this foundation has SPF 15 and it's great since it protects you from the UV rays! I don't have to apply sunblock on my face since I used this (but I never apply sunblock on my face anyways).


Yeah me and my messy hair after swimming but whatever.


I have some acne problems on my face but as you can tell, they are not THAT visible even after swimming.



Do ignore the random strands of hair that interrupted the picture.  This is what I mean by cakey. It's like the foundation cannot be pressed on you know? Look at the chin.



And this is the smile line that never goes away and I have to use my fingers to blend it out several times in school. You can also see that the foundation does not make my face look "smooth".

Personally speaking, I didn't enjoy this foundation as much as I thought I would. I read other reviews and other people said that it was not cakey at all etc. but some also said that it felt very heavy and cakey. I really love MAC's lipsticks and blushes and I think those are gorgeous but something's not right with this product. It's up to you to try it out I guess!

I hope you found this helpful and thanks for reading. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment